So another day pass and I received a similar message from many readers that they want to know how to save Hotmail emails to computer. So here it is!!
Obviously, we all know, Gmail is the giant of webmail clients followed by Y!mail. But, we cannot forget that Hotmail account is also in the race. Once the most widely used email service, it still is one of the best substitute of Google & Yahoo mail that can be used to send and receive message online.
But oh well, nothing is secure, especially in the world of web. Unfortunately, Hotmail account has had its own share of countless hacking incidents over the past years. This type of situation makes users worry about their data security.
It is true that data on the cloud is more secure but is it fully protected? I don’t think so! In fact, there are various circumstances where Microsoft servers with live.com email addresses have been hacked (down). Due to which data breaches from multiple Outlook.com(formerly Hotmail) accounts have happened.
It is a difficult thing to prevent hacking by your end. So one way to secure your data is to perform a Hotmail email backup. By saving all the Hotmail account emails at a regular interval of time on the computer will prevent data loss. So this article will guide you on how to download Hotmail emails to the hard drive.
How to Save Hotmail Emails to Computer?
For this, an impeccable software named Hotmail Backup Tool can be used to download all the Hotmail emails on the user’s specified location in 3+ file formats. Yes! A user can backup Hotmail to hard drive or any other storage space in Outlook PST, EML, MSG or MBOX file format. Plus, this tool can be easily installed on all Windows OS, including Windows 10, 8.1, 8.
Steps to Download Hotmail Emails to Computer
It is the time to check out how to save Hotmail emails to computer using Hotmail Backup Software.
- Initially, download the software and install in PC.
- Once it is installed, start the tool. On the welcome screen, there is an option of Select Language. Originally, tool provides 6 languages i.e., English, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Japanese and Dutch. Opt for the language that is suitable for you. Afterward, enter Hotmail profile credential and click on Login to validate the account.
Wondering why trust software with your credentials? Well, generally you shouldn’t. But in this case, you can. Why? Because this tool comes from a trusted source i.e., SysTools. A globally renowned brand specialized in data backup field. It guarantees the safety of data and the security of your account. Moreover, the credentials allow the tool to fetch all your Hotmail emails and save them in computer without any effort.
- On the following screen, select the file type in which you want to export emails under Select E-mail format heading. Users are free to select any of the file type i.e., EML, MSG, PDF, MBOX, or PST. Here, we are going to opt for an EML option.
- After that, you have to provide the desired location where you wish to save the messages. For this, click on Browse button and locate a folder to save Hotmail emails to computer location.
- Next, the tool offers following two outstanding features while taking email backup in offline environment.
- Delete After Download: With the help of this functionality, one can automatically remove all the emails from Outlook.com account whose backup was recently created on designated location.
- Apply Filter: Basically, this feature is used to filter out specific emails from the bulk of messages before the process to download Hotmail emails to computer is started.
- Once you have selected the Apply Filter option, the two filters are displayed on the software interface:
- Select Folders: Under this option, you have the power to select any mail folder. Afterward, software only downloads mails of chosen folder. This filter saves the user’s precious time and memory space too.
- E-mail Filter: This filter work is to translate emails of a specified date range from selected folder on the location that was selected by the user.
- Then, click on Start to save Hotmail emails to computer or hard-drive.
- As soon as process begins, the live progress status of entire procedure displays on the software panel. Here, you can see Folder Name that is under process, Mail Count, Destination Path and Rate.
Other Useful Features Offered by Tool:
The software gives liberty to perform incremental backup for the Hotmail account. With this function, the Hotmail user need not save all Hotmail emails to computer in each backup process. And only the new emails or the emails that aren’t downloaded before will only be saved in the current process.
In this post, we had a tutorial on how to save Hotmail emails to computer without any interruption. So, download Hotmail Backup software for Windows and protect your emails from the data loss situation.
People Also Ask!!!
Steps to Save Hotmail Emails to Computer
1. Run Hotmail backup tool and login with Hotmail account.
2. Select a format to download Hotmail emails.
3. Browse a location to save Hotmail emails.
4. Click on Start to save Hotmail emails to computer.