Hotmail is a popular web-based email application that we use to send and receive emails. In case you want to access the Hotmail data without Internet, you need a desktop-based email client like Outlook and import emails from Hotmail to Outlook.
Therefore, in this article, we will be learning the conversion process of Outlook.com to Outlook .pst. The solutions are tested and proven to be the best to backup Hotmail using Outlook PST.
Methods to Move Hotmail Email Data in Outlook
Users have different options to transfer Hotmail emails in their Outlook account. We have some tested solutions below to get your data easily migrated from Hotmail to Outlook.
Manually Import Emails from Hotmail to Outlook 2010
The manual process is configuring the Hotmail account into Outlook 2010 account of the users. When the setup is complete and the Hotmail account is synced and users can access their Hotmail emails in MS Outlook 2010. Follow the steps to add Hotmail account in Outlook:
- Launch MS Outlook 2010.
- Click on File ->Info ->Add Account.
- Add New Account box will appear. Select “Manually Configure server settings or additional server type” radio button. Click on Next.
- Click on Internet E-mail and click Next.
- On the next screen, add your name and Hotmail email account under the User Information category to import emails from Hotmail to Outlook.
- Select POP3 as the account type. Type outlook.office365.com in “Incoming mail server” and enter smtp.office365.com as the “Outgoing mail server” name.
- Enter Username and Hotmail account password under the Logon Information section.
- Click on More Settings. From the Outgoing Server tab, check the option “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.”
- Select the Advanced tab to enter 995 as POP3 Server port and 587 in SMTP Server Port. Also, select SSL as the “incoming SSL setting” and STARTTLS as the “Outgoing server setting”.
- Select Test Account Settings and let Outlook check the incoming and outgoing server details.
- Click on Next -> Finish to complete the configuration to import emails from Hotmail to Outlook.
- Close and relaunch MS Outlook and you will see the Hotmail emails has been moved to Outlook. Use them as necessary.
Why You Fail in Manually Moving Hotmail Emails to Outlook?
The above discussed manual procedure may fail in accordance to the below reasons:
- Entering wrong server settings will halt the process
- If Two-step verification is ON, create an app password to transfer emails from Hotmail to Outlook and use it wisely
Efficiently Import Emails from Hotmail to Outlook
Use SysTools Hotmail Backup to archive items of Inbox, Sent Items, Draft, Trash, etc. folders from the Hotmail account. This utility converts Hotmail data into PST files, which is compatible with MS Outlook 2010 and other versions. This software can also backup Hotmail data in MBOX, MSG, and EML formats.
It provides some additional features for selective import of emails from Hotmail to Outlook 2010. Also, a Delete after Download option is allowed to remove downloaded emails from Hotmail account. In addition, there is an incremental backup option. it features to import the new emails that weren’t transferred the last time.
Steps to Export Hotmail Emails to Outlook File
Step 1: Launch the tool and enter Hotmail credentials to log in to the tool.
Step 2: Select PST to import the Hotmail emails in Outlook account.
Step 3: Click on Browse to choose the location for Outlook PST file.
Step 4: Click on Start button to import emails from Hotmail to Outlook PST file.
Step 5: Open Outlook and import the output PST file using the native Import/Export option.
Many users wish to access their emails in an offline email application. But do you really accomplish doing it successfully? For the user of Hotmail, you have got some tested procedures around which have made a proper impact over importing the emails from Hotmail to Outlook 2010.