Outlook offers the ability to archive files as backups, which are easily accessible in Outlook at any time. However, most users have created multiple archive files that are difficult to handle. Therefore, users want a way for merging Outlook archive files but have not yet found a reliable solution. This blog describes the best and most successful way to merge archive PST files together. Before switching to the solution, you should first consider how to create an archive in Outlook.
How to Create Archive Folder in Outlook
- Open Outlook application, click on the File >> Info >> Tools >> Clean up old items
- Click the Archive this folder and all subfolders option and then choose the folder which you want to archive.
- In the Archive items older than section, enter a specific date.
- You can check the Include items with “Do not Autoarchive” checked box to archive individual items that are excluded from automatic archiving.
- In the end, click OK.
Instant Solution for Merging Outlook Archive Files
Basically, there is no direct solution to Outlook merge archive files. Therefore, you can take the help of the PST Merge Tool for merging Outlook PST files into a single file. This software allows you to merge archive PST files together without displaying file size limitations. Along with archive, the software supports to combine active, password-protected, and network files.
With this utility, you can consolidate multiple PST files into one and remove duplicates. It works with both UNICODE as well as ANSI files.
Download and Install the Outlook PST Merge Tool by clicking on the below button.
Steps to Merge Outlook Archive Files Together are as follows;
Step 1. Load the .pst files.
Step 2. Choose one option from Join or Merge.
Step 3. Select the required folders. After choose the option, merge archive PST files into a new, Existing PST or Outlook Profile.
Step 4. Select filters and duplicate criteria.
Step 5. Finally, click Next.
Manual Way For Merging Outlook Archive Files
As explained above, there is no direct option to merge archive PST files. However, there are some indirect ways available to complete this task. Follow these below steps to proceed:
- Create a new blank PST file.
- To do so, click on the New Items >> More items and select Outlook Data file.
- Enter a name for the new PST file and save it to your desired location.
- Click OK.
- Now, switch to the File tab and select the option Open >> Import.
- In the Import and Export Wizard, select Import from another program or file option. Click the Next button.
- In the Select file type to import from section, select the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and hit Next to continue.
- Browse to the .pst file and prees Next.
- Select the folder to import from and check the “Include subfolder” and “Import items into the same folder in” boxes.
- Select Finish.
Drawbacks of Manual Method for Merging Outlook PST Files
The manual process is free, but there are some disadvantages as well. The process is very time consuming, requires technical expertise and a lot of time to get the job done. If you have multiple Outlook PST archive files, you must repeat the import process for all PSTs.
The Final Words
Most Outlook users have several archive .pst files that they want to combine into one file. Outlook does not provide a direct method to Outlook merge archive files. However, some other method is helpful to merge archive PST files together. But this process is very challenging by manually if users do not have the technical knowledge. For this reason, we have suggested the PST Merge Tool for merging Outlook archive files without any trouble.