Migrate Google Calendar to Office 365 Using 2 Methods
There is no doubt that Google Workspace is popular among organizations. It offers several apps such as Gmail, Google Drive, and many more. But when the organizations need to move to Office 365, at that time they need to migrate Google Calendar to Office 365 as well. But due to lack of knowledge, the organizations fail again & again to perform the successful migration. Therefore through this guide, we will guide you on how to transfer Google Calendar to Office 365 easily.
“Hi, I am currently using Gmail as my official account, I have Office 365. How can I move my personal calendar to my official account?”
“A week ago, I moved my Google Apps data items, particularly mailboxes, to Exchange Online account. Many of the data items are still missing such as calendars. Can anyone help me to import Google calendars? I need to have my entire data in the O365 by the end of this week.”
5 Quick Steps to Export Google Calendar to Outlook 365
- Step 1. Download and Install the tool.
- Step 2. Choose Source & Destination platforms.
- Step 3. Select the checkbox of Calendar.
- Step 4. Complete the Source & Destination platform credentials.
- Step 5. Load the users and Start Migration.
Why Migrate Google Calendar to Office 365?
There are several reasons to transfer Google Calendar to Office 365. Some of the major reasons include:
1. Office 365 provides seamless integration with their other apps such as Outlook, OneDrive, Teams, and SharePoint.
2 Microsoft maintain an ecosystem through which the accessing of the apps in Microsoft 365 suite becomes simpler.
3. Microsoft 365 is the better management platform that fulfil the requirements of the organizations such as managing meeting rooms, equipment, and so on.
4. Microsoft helps to manage the organizations compliances and regulatory security needs.
5. There is a option of backup also through which you can also backup the data to save it to the local system.
How to Export Google Calendar to Outlook 365?
The exporting of the Google Calendar to Office 365 is possible with the two different approaches. One is the manual approach and another is the professional approach. Let’s elaborate on both of them sequentially.
Manual Method to Migrate Google Calendar to Office 365
- Step 1. Open the Gmail Account and then click on the Menu icon. Choose the option of calendar.
- Step 2. Click on the Calendar and hit Settings option.
- Step 3. Choose Import & Export >> Export
- Step 4. It will start downloading the calendar in .zip file format and save Google Calendar to desktop.
- Step 5. Extract the files by click on the downloaded file and the results .ics will be saved at the destination.
- Step 6. After that move to the Office 365 account and choose Calendar option.
- Step 7. Click on the Add Calendar >> From file and Browse the saved .ics file. Now you can view the calendar in the Office 365 account.
Also Read: How to Migrate Mail from One Office 365 Account to Another Efficiently?
Limitations of the Manual Method
The process requires some technical knowledge to migrate Google calendar to Office 365 account. It is a best fit to migrate the less calendars to Office 365 account. If needs to upload multiple ICS files then the user needs to repeat the task. For organizations, they need to migrate the shared calendars of multiple users. So, the manual method is not a good fit for them. Let’s move to the another method which is the right one for organizations.
Professional Method to Export Google Calendar to Office 365
G Suite to Office 365 Migrator is an automated solution that helps to move G Suite to Office 365 account is the best way to migrate multiple Google calendars to Exchange Online account at once. It can process multiple accounts of a G Suite domain and transfer the data items such as calendars, contacts, emails and documents as per requirement. So you can use this tool to migrate Google Apps to Office 365 account.
Automated Tool Steps to Transfer Google Calendar to Office 365
Step 1. Download the automated tool on the system. Choose the G Suite as the Source platforms and Office 365 as the destination platform.
Step 2. Tick the checkbox of the Calendar and other items under the workload section. Apply the date filter to sort the data.
Step 3. Complete the G Suite credentials in the Source tab. Validate all the entered credentials and then Next.
Step 4. Now, in the destination tab, provide the destination Office 365 account details and validate them. After the successful validation of the details hit on Next.
Step 5. Load the users into the tool using the several options such as Fetch Users, Import Users, and Download template.
Step 6. Now perform mapping and validation of the both Source & Destination users.
Step 7. Finally click on the Start Migration button to start the migration process.
Through this write-up, we have explained the mostly occurred issue “How to migrate Google Calendar to Office 365”. Both possible solutions are discussed in detail whether it is manual or professional. Because of the limitations of manual method, the professional solution is advised to use.