There are many iPhone users who face the problem of different types of error messages while they are trying to sync VCF contacts with iPhone. Due to these error messages like “iPhone cannot open VCF file”, users cannot access the vCard files. Let’s understand this iPhone error with the help of user query.
“I have a vCard file, which contains some important official email ids within it. Now, I am trying to import vCard file to iPhone through iCloud. But, it displays an error that iPhone cannot open VCF file. Those email ids are very important for me. So, I want to resolve this error. Can anyone guide me a perfect solution on how to fix iPhone cannot open VCF file without any hassle? Lots of hopes I am having from you guys please help me.”
Well, in this blog, the solution to the problem iPhone cannot open VCF file is discussed,so that you can view VCF file of your iPhone.
It is also illustrated the reasons behind the occurrence of iPhone cannot open VCF file error message.
Reasons Behind Occurring the iPhone Cannot Open VCF File Error
There are mainly two major reasons due to which this error message arises. Whenever a person imports VCF file with anyone or both of these issues, then he or she encounters an error message.
Those two reasons are:
- The version of VCF file is not updated. Actually, iPhone supports only vCard of version 3.0 and 4.0.
- The absence of ‘FN’ and ‘N’ attribute in the coding part of the vCard file.
How to Resolve iPhone Cannot Open VCF File Error?
- First of all, go to the path where the vCard file is saved & right-click upon it.
- 2.Then, go to Open menu and click on the Open With option then select Notepad option.
- 3.After that, check the value of Version parameter.
- 4.Now, change the current version with the previous version & check whether ‘FN’ and ‘N’ parameters are present or not. If it will not present then, proceed further. Else, skip the step 5 and directly sync VCF contacts with iPhone.
- 5. Next, mention the FN: & N: in the same coding part of VCF file then press Ctrl + S keys from the keyboard to save the files.
- 6. Finally, you have resolved the major causes of iPhone cannot open VCF error message. Now, perform the below-mentioned steps to import this modified VCF file in the iPhone or iCloud.
- 7. First, open the login page of iCloud >> enter credentials, and choose the Contacts box.
- 8. After that, click on the Gear icon >> Import vCard option.
- Now, navigate the location where your source & recently changed VCF file is saved.
- 9. Then, choose it and click on the Open button.
- 10.Finally, the vCard file gets imported into the iCloud account.
- 11.Now, you will be able to sync VCF contacts with your iPhone.
A Trouble-Free Solution to Fix iPhone Cannot Open VCF File Error
When the manual approach fails to recover iPhone cannot open VCF file error. Then, a reliable third-party solution i.e vCard Viewer Pro is suggested to use. vCard Viewer Pro is the best tool to open, read and view the VCF file on multiple platforms. It can also display all contacts saved in vCard including the images. The software supports Windows 10 and all lower version of Windows OS. The tool is also compatible with VCF file versions: vCard 2.1, 3.0 and 4.0.
In this write up we have discusses a way to resolve iPhone cannot open VCF file error message. This problem can be fixed without any complications through the manual steps. Still, if a user is unable to attempt the described task then, they can opt a commercial solution. The third-party tool works in a way that it explore items of complete vCard file and provides an option to make .vcf compatible with the iCloud account.