Fixing the Issue – Excel VBA Password Not Working
"I have forgotten VBA password of MS Excel File. Even though it contains very important files of my Office and they were not opening as well. I tried many times to retrieve password from Excel file when opening it but I was unable to get through as it is showing ‘ Excel VBA Password not working ’. Kindly suggest me any relevant solution that helps to resolve this problem."
VBA is an extension for the Visual Basic file used with MS Office suite and any other program like Excel, Word, Access, etc. This file consists the visual basic source code as well. Moreover, .vba file is useful in adding functionality to Office applications that are related to plug-in instance. This file can be opened and edited with Visual Studio. Read further first, you need to know the description of VBA file and a manual procedure to fix this error of password.
Let’s go through the solutions and know how to crack VBA Excel password from .xls/.xla file.
3 Measures to Resolve the Error Excel VBA Password Not Working
There are following methods that help to let users understand how to unlock VBA file which is. Let’s have a look:
Approach 1: Swap a Password With the Hex Editor
- First of all, create a new excel spreadsheet file (.xls) using any Hex editor.
- Then, you can set a password in the VBA code by clicking on Alt + F11.
- Save that particular file and then, click on Exit.
- After that, open a file that you have already created with the help of Hex Editor.
- Copy the beginning of line with the given below keys:
- With the Hex Editor, open the excel file you want to crack a password and paste the above copied lines from a dummy file.
- Next, save an Excel file and after that, Exit.
- In the end, open the Excel file where you want to view the VBA code and now, utilize the same password that you have used for the dummy VBA file in Step 2.
Approach 2: Open Visual Basic File With a New Password
- Initially, you have to change the file extension from .xlsm to .zip file format.
- Using WinZip or WinRar icon, open a .zip file and then, navigate to the xl folder.
- Now, extract vbaProject.bin file and open the file inside the Hex Editor.
- Find and replace DPB file with DPX and then, Save that file.
- Now, under the Zip file replace the older vbaProject.bin file with the new one.
- In current window, you have to change the file extension of .zip file into .xlsm again.
- After that, open the Visual Basic in MS Excel, go to Tools menu and click on VBA Project Properties and then, choose Protection Tab. Then, add the new password and save this .xlsm file.
- Close and then, re-open your VBA file with the new password.
Approach 3: Access VBA Files Using Visual Basic Editor
- First, you have to open a workbook that contains the password encrypted worksheets.
- Now, Press Alt+F11 shortcut key to view or open Visual Basic Editor in MS Excel. Then, type the Insert-Module and paste the following code into the right side of the window:
- Afterward, close the VB Editor screen and go to the worksheet that you wish to unprotect an Excel sheet.
- Enter the Tools-Macro-Macros and click twice on PasswordBreaker in the drop-down list.
If the above manual steps are still, unable to access password protected VBA file. However, users have to take help of any third party tool named as SysTools VBA Password Remover. With this amazing tool, users can retrieve password from Excel VBA file. It will help to reset any type of VBA files accurately.
How to fix ‘Excel VBA password not working’ error is one of the major issue faced by a Microsoft user. After getting the need, we have discussed three manual procedures to resolve such type of error. Along with this, we have suggested a VBA Password Recovery solution that will help to reset lost password of VBA files. It is one of the best solutions through which users can access password protected VBA files in a quick way.