Since a long time, MS Outlook has established a great popularity among the organizations and business users. Whenever anyone thinks of using an email client Microsoft Outlook is the first name that comes in user minds. Moreover, it manages all the activities on a single platform. However, in some cases, users face an error in Outlook that stops the workflow and all business activities in between. One such type of error 0x8004060c the message store has reached its maximum size. Thus, if you are also facing the same error, you have come to to the right place. There are various approaches discussed here that one can use to fix Outlook Error 0x8004060C.
Type of Error Message
The common error that is received by the user is Outlook Error 0x8004060C. However, there are various error messages that relate to this particular are listed below:
Causes of Outlook Error 0x8004060C
The main reason behind the occurrence of the above-listed error is physical & logical corruption issues occur in MS Outlook or other associated applications. The causes that lead to Outlook send receive error 0x80040600 are:
- Corruption in Microsoft Outlook PST / OST file
- Breakdown of the Exchange Server
- It can be due to any virus or infected malicious attack
- Synchronization problem between Outlook & Exchange Server
- Overgrown Outlook data files or storage capacity.
Different Approaches to Fix Outlook Error 0x8004060C
After understanding the various causes of error 0x8004060C Outlook 2010, it is pretty much clear that oversized PST file is the major reason that makes MS Outlook vulnerable to such error. Therefore, it becomes necessary to repair Outlook data files. Thus, in this segment of the post, various manual solutions to resolve Outlook error 0x8004060C are discussed.
Approach #1: Empty Deleted Items folder
Most of the times, over-grown Deleted Items folders also takes so much of storage space total Outlook file. Thus, it is a time to empty deleted item folder first. One can do it manually or can set automatic settings also.
- First, right-click on Deleted Items folder
- After that, select Empty Folder option to clean it properly
- Navigate to File >> Options >> Advanced option
- After that, navigate to Outlook start and close the section
- Now, check the ‘Empty Deleted Items folders while exiting Outlook’ checkbox
- In last, click on OK button to save all the changes that you have made
Approach #2: Delete Duplicate Emails
A copy of each and every email that you forward maintained in the Inbox & Sent Items folder by default. Due to this, the copied emails take extra space in Outlook. One must delete them in order to free some space in Outlook.
- Navigate to the Sent Items folder and Sort it by Recipient
- Now, to complete the task, click on the header
- Click on File >> Options >> Save Message section
- Now, click on the Send Section and uncheck the ‘Save a copy of forwarded message’ checkbox
- Then, click on the OK button to save the changes
Approach #3: Restore the Emails
Another method that a user can use restores the individual emails in multiple formats at a different location. In addition, you can save the attachment at the same location only for future reference. Now, to do the same, right-click on the email and select Save As option. After that, choose the needed format to save the file and click on Save button.
Approach #4: Archive Folder of Outlook
- Click on the File tab and select Cleanup Tools option
- Then, click Archive option and choose the folder that you want to archive
- Now, choose the older than date option
- After that, click on the Browse button and specify the location of your choice and mention the file name also, then click OK
Professional Solution to Resolve Outlook Error 0x8004060C
In order to have an effortless and guaranteed solution to fix the PST files, it is advised to go for a third party tool i.e. SysTools Outlook Recovery tool. It is the tool that removes all type of corruption Outlook PST file without any hassle in just a number of clicks. Moreover, provides an easy user interface that anyone can use it without any external help. The tool is capable to recovery and open Outlook PST file without Outlook.
The Bottom Line
The most common query asked by the users is how to fix Outlook Error 0x8004060C. After understanding the causes behind the error occurrence, various manual solutions are discussed. One can try all of them in order to have a satisfactory result. However, in order to have a fast and effortless solution one can go for a third party tool also suggested above i.e. SysTools Outlook Recovery