In this write-up, we will discuss the solution to transfer Mac Mail to the external hard drive. There are a lot of queries for the same available on the Internet and also a lot of direct solutions for this, but still, users are seeking one of the efficient solutions to carry out the better results.
Apple Mail is the preferred choice for Mac users as it is the default mail application provided by the Mac system. However, there are some other reasons for using this which include data flexibility for the transfer of data to the other platform or clients. Mac Mail stores the entire mailbox items including email messages, attachments, and other data items. It usually exports the data in the MBOX file format.
We had also received a number of queries where users are asking about an instant solution to move the Mac Mail to the external hard drive. The following article will explain all the things including the requirements and the complete step-by-step guide to transferring the data to the hard drive both manually and professionally.
“I am Leena. I am using Apple Mail for the last 3 years and now, I am thinking of backup all my emails as there is some issue arising in my account. Even, though I had tried a lot to solve those issues still they are not solved. Is there any solution present that can help me to transfer my Mac Mail data to an external hard drive and use it for future purposes?
Why do Users Transfer Mac Mail to External Hard Drive?
Many users think that Apple Mail is not a satisfactory email program as it is not functional on Windows machines. Therefore, in this scenario, there is a special need to move to an external hard drive. There are also multiple other reasons to transfer the data, some of them have been discussed below:
- Email programs such as Mac Mail, provide a short amount of storage space. By moving the data locally on the hard drive, it is possible to delete the email from the account and free up space.
- Many times, there are a lot of users facing issues of hacking, at that time, there may be a 99% possibility of a loss of data. So, it is better to transfer data to the external hard drive and use them anytime.
- Storing data to a hard drive, also makes it possible to move to another platform whenever required.
Moving Mac Mail Data to External Hard Drive – Manually
There is one manual solution for the same available on the Internet that is compatible for all the users to transfer the data instantly. But you need to keep in mind, that it is not 100% guaranteed that it will work according to your needs. Moreover, there will be some loss of data and only a single format in which you can export the data.
Steps to Move Apple Mail to Hard drive:
- Run Apple Mail on your Mac system.
- Select the needed mailbox folder.
- Then, tap on the mailbox from the menu bar.
- Choose the Export Mailbox option from there.
- Enter the destination, the data will be automatically exported to the system directly.
Hence, by performing the above-mentioned steps, you can easily transfer the data to the external drive in the needed path. This method is simple to use and does not need a lot of effort, but with the limitations mentioned above, it is not better to continue with this. Moreover, if you have any kind of doubt then you can continue with our second-mentioned solution.
Effective Solution to Transfer Mac Mail to External Hard Drive
SysTools Mac MBOX converter is one of the best & secure applications in the market that allows you to move the data to the hard drive locally. The utility has been specially developed with an advanced technological algorithm that can bulk transfer Mac Mail to an external hard drive instantly. Using this tool, it is also possible to search for a specific number of emails using different intents.
This software supports multiple formats and easily transfers data to them such as Apple Mail to EML, Apple Mail to PDF, Mac Mail to Outlook PST, Apple Mail to CSV, EMLX, and multiple others. Also, the entire consistency of the data and the hierarchy of all the files and folders are maintained throughout the process. But before continuing, you need to export the Apple Mail mailboxes in the MBOX format to initiate the transfer. After that, you can easily the required format and store the resultant file in the external hard drive in the needed path.
Step-By-Step Guide to Move Apple Mail to External Hard Drive:
- Run the mentioned utility in your existing system.
- Choose the needed options to upload the data – Add Files or Add Folders. You can upload a specific file or multiple files by choosing to add folder option.
- By choosing the files from the system and uploading them, you can directly see the preview of all the data on the screen.
- After that, select the Export option and choose the format in which you want to move your data. And, then you can easily store it in the external hard drive.
- You can also select additional settings such as general settings, page layout, attachments, and others according to your needs.
- Then, click on the Export button to start the transfer process.
- Wait for a couple of minutes, and the process will be successfully completed. Then, you can be able to “View Report”, and see the data in the system directly.
Features of the Software
- With the help of the software, you can easily transfer the bulk of data to the external hard drive without no data loss.
- Multiple File Naming Conventions to name the resultant file in the destination path.
- Supports different formats to move the data directly to the hard drive.
- Maintains the data integrity and will not affect the original structure.
- Provides dual options to load the data on the screen. Choosing files allows uploading some specific files on the screen. By choosing folders, it will upload a bulk number of files together.
- Compatible with all previous as well as the latest versions of Mac OS such as Mac OS 10.15, Mac OS 10.14, and multiple others.
- Filter Option to locate some needed emails from the bulk of data using different intents such as To, Cc, Bcc, Subject. The date range filter to carry out the emails of a particular duration.
From the above article, it is possible to easily transfer Mac Mail to an external hard drive using one of the specific solutions. Both the solutions mentioned are flexible and easy to use, but I recommend you to use the second solution to move the data. Also, the software does not require much effort and will provide results with 100% accuracy.