How to Resolve the Exchange Server Error 550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay Problem
Whenever Exchange Server users are working on Microsoft Outlook the users came across certain errors. They may either due to slow internet connection or the mail server might not be properly configured. For that only user keep on searching for methods and solutions to Resolve the “Exchange Server Error 550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay”.
As we all know, data is a crucial element that requires proper management. Same as Exchange management is also required to avoid the problem of data corruption. Here, we will discuss how to resolve Exchange Error 550 5.7.1 problem.
- How Exchange Error Unable To Relay Occurs?
- Automated Wizard to Recover Corrupt Exchange Mailbox
- Steps to Recover corrupted EDB Mailbox
- Method To Fix Error 550 5.7.1 Unable To Relay
- Bringing It All Together
What Causes Exchange Server Error 550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay
Exchange Error: ‘550 5.7.1’ occurs when the user sends the email to a domain other than the user’s allocated domain. This error means that the outgoing mail server has failed to recognize the sender of the email.
The causes for Exchange Error 550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay are as follows:
- There might be some issue while trying to authenticate the sender from the server and therefore by restricting them from sending any emails.
- The outgoing server is unable to identify the sender of the email.
- Exchange Server database might be corrupted because of the receiver domain’s recipient policy. You must recover corrupt Exchange mailbox data by using the advanced solution given in the below section.
Use Expert Solution to Recover Exchange Corrupted Mailbox Data Quickly
You can use the SysTools Exchange Recovery Software to repair Exchange mailboxes 2003 and recover corrupted public and private dismounted/offline Exchange database file with no data loss. This utility provides dual scan mode option i.e. Quick and Advance scan which recover EDB file from corruption. For minimal corrupted EDB file select the quick scan and to recover highly/major corruption click on Advance scan.
User can recover permanently deleted emails from Exchange .edb file along with various data items like – contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, journals and mailboxes from loaded Exchange database file using advance scan mode option of this automated software.
This utility is capable to selective or multiple convert pub1.edb to PST along with private Exchange EDB file. After recovery, it export the recovered or healthy Exchange mailboxes – archive, user, shared, legacy, disconnected and items directly to Live Exchange Server, Office 365 and multiple standard file formats.
The software export mailbox from offline Exchange database to PST, EML, MSG, PDF, MBOX, HTML formats and automatically generate export report which saves the success and fail count of exported Exchange data.
Key Features Of Automated Wizard
- Recover & Repair Exchange Mailbox of all versions
- Extract data from STM file, private and public EDB file
- Preview recovered Microsoft Exchange database mailbox items
- Preserve actual folder structure and keep metadata intact
- Export Exchange mailbox to PST without any loss of data
- Perform conversion of selective Exchange data using category & date filter option
- Option to remove encryption (SMIME/OpenPGP) from Exchange mailboxes in bulk
- Suitable with Exchange Server & Outlook version from 2003 to 2019 and Windows OS – Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Steps to Recover Corrupted Exchange Mailbox Data
Step 1: Download the automated utility > Install > Launch it
Step 2: Click on the Add File button > Load Exchange offline/dismounted EDB file
Step 3: Select Advance scan mode > Click on Add button
Step 4: Preview recovered offline Exchange database file > Click export
Step 5: Select Exchange mailboxes > Click on export option > Select browse button to set destination file path > Click on the export button
Healthy and recovered Exchange mailboxes are finally exported to the selected export option.
Solutions for Exchange Server Error 550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay
The solutions for Exchange Error 550 5.7.1 problem are as follows:
- In Exchange Server manager go to the Administrative Groups.
- Select Administrative Group Name and then the Server and then the Server Name and now go to the protocols and then select SMTP.
- Now, select the Properties option by right-clicking on the Default SMTP Virtual Server. After that, select the Access tab and click on Relay to select only the list below. Now, add the IP address to relay and then the domain name.
- Finally select the checkbox “Allow All Computers Which Successfully Authenticate to Relay, Regardless of the List Above“.
Users can figure out the various Exchange Server problem in the application log and look to resolve it using the log. If the Exchange error 550 5.7.1 unable to relay is due to the database corruption the database can be repaired using the inbuilt utility Eseutil which is provided by Microsoft.
In case if the Exchange database is not repaired using the utility file then use the third-party tool Exchange Server Recovery.
The Exchange Server Error 550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay occurs mainly due to the corruption in the Exchange Server database. For that, the user needs to repair the Exchange Server database in order to keep it up and running. This error also occurs due to internet connection failure or the mail server do not work at the time of sending an email message. The error in Exchange Server is not a big deal as many such errors occur and there are solutions made to counter them easily.